Friday, June 6, 2014

JELLY RACE QUILT

So, I was watching a video last night and it made me wonder about quilting.  The video was on how to make a jelly racer quilt.  Many of the comments and blogs I found said they like the pattern cause it allows you to do a quick quickly and get it finished.

This got me to thinking.  I quilt for relaxing and stress relief so do I really want to approach it as something I see as wanting to get started and out of the way quickly?  Doesn't it defeat the idea of quilting being a hobby that you do because you enjoy?  After some thought about it during my morning commute I realize it has it's place, I think.

As quilters wherever we hear someone is sick or struggling we immediately think "they need a quilt" yet there are times life it too hectic to get one done right then.  So in that instance I can see myself making a jelly racer quilt.  In fact, I think I'll try one tonight and see if they really do sew up in about an hour.  Hard to imagine.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made a Jelly Roll Race quilt yet. . . . but I like the idea of mindless sewing for when I want to make something but don't want to have to think too much.

    I have friends who have made them & they enjoyed the process. . . especially the surprise of how the fabrics get dispursed through the quilt.

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete