Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Well there is nothing exciting to ramble on about my weekend.  It was relaxing and quiet.  Exactly what was needed.  I have a couple of quilt tops finished and I just need to make the backing.

I was surprised that I pulled out patterns and fabrics I've had forever.  There is a BQ2 that I planned years ago and the top is now done.  There's a contra dance that has had the pattern and fabric in a bag for a few years and that's done.  There is some lovely rose fabric I bought in Blue Ridge, GA 3 or 4 years ago that is now a quilt top and it includes a fabric I bought almost 10 years ago in Paducha, KY.  Finally using some of those hoarded fabrics.   Sunday night I started a card trick from some prints that I've had a few years also. Wonder why I always go to the new stuff rather than use those saved yards since they are already planned, packaged, etc?   Guess its something quilters never figure out.

But I'm on a quest to use what I have on hand.  I've even stuck with making the backs in patchwork so I use up small pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment