Friday, July 16, 2010

CUTTING ON HOLD

I can't bring myself to cut up any more quilts until I can at least make a dent in the ones I already have. I know we all say that and then something comes along we just can't resist or we have so many promised we just need to start that new project. However I have put cutting new ones on hold with the exception of the 2 quilts I'll donate for the raffle at our Ladies Dessert fundraiser for our church in December.

I went thru my closet last night wondering what to do for UFO day tomorrow. I thought wow, have I really caught up? I have almost nothing left that is started (not counting those cut and packaged for future use). Then I found myself checking the shelves and computer cabinet and had to laugh. Who was I kidding? I have at least 4 or 5 more started. So I'm going to try and control myself and see can I actually complete those before cutting something new. I do have one exception - I'm doing a block a week to improve my skills so I'll probably have to cut those.

Oh, and my no-buy I broke but only a little and for a cause. A friend talked me into doing a challenge quilt. Not sure my skills are challenge worthy but what the heck. So I bought 2 yards of both the challenge fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment