Saturday, August 1, 2009

MONTHLY BLOCK SWAPS


Well I got home from the quilts of valor program and realized I was still in the sewing mood - after a short nap. So I remembered that I had quilt blocks due to two of my monthly swap partners. One mentioned she liked orange so I started to think - why not adapt the pattern we just used? It's normally a 15 in block but I changed it up a bit and made it into a 12.5" block. Calculations are not my speciality but I wanted to try something. Orange was a challenge for me but I am so thrilled my June partner suggested it. Since I was late getting her block I wanted to do somehting in her favorite color. Here's what I came up with. Oh yeah - and need you ask - I loved it and hope I have enough to make a top for myself. So how do you think it came out?


No comments:

Post a Comment