Saturday, August 1, 2009

Community Outreach


I have this info on the faithquilters blog but I like to add my personal stuff here as well. Kinda like an online quilt journal. Today Vickie, Amy and I went to Bradenton and participated in a quilts of valor program. The local shop has a sewing day once a year to make quilts that are then donated to wounded vets. They had about 20-30 ladies sewing away on blocks.

Since we arrived as a group we were given all the animal prints to make. We weren't able to finish the last 2 blocks in the time we allowed for the project but we got a lot done (14 blocks). Here's a picture of the blocks hanging on the design wall once we finished. I'm not usually a fan of animal prints but I think the shop did great job choosing these. The pattern came out very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment