Tuesday, June 26, 2012

SEWING OLD SCHOOL

This week I decided to sell my Juki TL-98Q and my small Brother embroidery machine.  Sounds crazy cause I love that Juki but I had the chance on a used Bernina Artista with sewing and embroidery so I sold my 2 in order to buy it.  Kathy will give Martha (my juki) a good home.  She left on Saturday.  My Bernina doesn't arrive from CA until Friday so this week I am piecing old school.

I've never been a big fan of the fancy computerized machines but Bernina is a high quality brand so I'm upscaling.  While I wait for her to arrive I have been using the old Dressmaker (brand name) machine Jean found a couple of months ago at a yard sale.  Looks like brand new and has all the original cams.  $50.  I had't looked at it much cause I've been busy but it sews like brand new and runs smooth as butter.  They don't built this metal work horses anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment