Thursday, June 7, 2012

NOTHING'S GETTING DONE

It's been a crazy week and a half. I've been working on my als quilts but the current one seems to be taking as long as the prior 5 took together. I have a shadow box on the machine to finish piecing but I'm taking a break to get a couple quilted. Seems like I got nothing done the last several days. I have Gaylene's Magic Tile along with 2 other quilts for her and 6 of my ALS quilts ready to quilt. With those I'll need to figure out the backing before I can mount them on the machine. Thinking I'll piece some large squares together and get a patchwork back as well on some of these. So, I'm going to start listing in my blog my thread preferences. It's funny how much difference there is in Connecting Threads, Isacord, Gutermann, etc. I piece with connecting threads brand and was quilting with it but lately the quality isn't as good and I get too much breakage. Also it just completely fills my machine with a LOT of lint. I'll post as I go along so I have a record of which ones I liked the best. Tonight I'm working on Gaylene's magic tile using Gutermann natural cotton in gold. Need to order more of that as it's one of my favorite threads. I have a lot of varigated polys I want to try as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment