Tuesday, May 12, 2009

TUESDAY'S RAMBLINGS

Well my Accuquilt Go Cutter arrived Friday and would you believe I didn't even get it out of the box till Sunday afternoon. Then all I did was cut a test square. I've received most of the dies but the cutting mats are on backorder. Yesterday the 2.5" strip cutter arrived but looks like I didn't order a mat for that so I had to do that today and wait for it to come. I guess they don't mention that you have to have a mat for the size die you're cutting. Once you realize what you've invested you start deciding from now on if it can't be cut with that then I won't make it. Maybe I can rent it out (ha-ha).

Most of my Tuesday ladies cancelled tonight so I'll take a few moments and cut out some of those tumbler blocks. I do have the 10x10 cutting mat for that die. I have a friend who's dog could use a nice quilt. Maybe something in a pretty blue color. I've always wanted to make a tumbler quilt but the cutting looked tedious.

Maybe I'll try a paper piece block. Never have but been thinking about it. Or here's an idea - maybe I'll work on finishing those 3 laying on the table. I have 1 with half the binding on, 2 more waiting on quilting and one just started but several more in my head.

2 comments:

  1. dogs like red, just like bulls.

    Also, I think you should put a small white stripe between the red blocks, red on red, not lovin it. Just my opinion. I love grout lines.

    Your doing a great job.

    Please, I just want to be anonymous for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white strip is a great idea however the quilt as you go patterns use the back folded over so it doesn't have the option of adding that other color as the back is red.

    ReplyDelete