Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'VE GONE "GO CUTTER" CRAZY

I think I might be go cutter crazy. I finally played with my Accuquilt Go Cutter and it's so easy. At first I thought I'm wasting a little fabric and you know how fabric greedy I am but I'm okay with that now with the time saving factored in. I cut out half the tumbler blocks for a quilt very quickly and the notched corners make it so easy to go together. Today Jean and I realized we may be cutter crazy. Lunch found us looking thru the latest magazines and we realized how quickly we were specifically looking for patterns that would use my die sizes. She even ordered her a 6.5 in square die.

We made a sweet deal. I can borrow her die in exchange for letting her cut squares on my cutter. I think I got the better deal. Anyway she realized just on a whim that my favorite pattern fits my dies. I love that puzzle box and it takes 6.5" squares and 2.5" strips. Well technicially it's 2 " strips but you better believe it will be 2.5" now as I bought the strip cutter. Can't wait for those blasted mats. I did find out Accucut is backorderering for wholesalers but if you order directly they have all the dies and mats. Mine were shipped today. Come on Monday.

I'm thinking I'll need a third job to buy cutting dies and mats. Anyone wanna buy a quilt?

No comments:

Post a Comment