Sunday, April 19, 2009

Well here we go on the no buy quilts

In 2009 I tried joining a no buy quilt group. Needless to say that group didn't last long. If you knew quilters you'd understand why. Anyway, since I purchased a fat quarter or two (ha-ha) I've decided to try and go it without a group starting 4/15/09.

So, between 4/15/09 and 4/15/10 I'm going to try and use what I have to complete quilts. I've been busy lately cutting up the fabric I have and was really amazed. I cut up the fabric for at least 10 quilt tops and never even made a dent in the stash. I was shocked how much is there and since no on wants it when I'm gone, it's time to put it to use. This doesn't include the backing. Instead of expensive fabric I've started using twin sheets. They are perfect size without being pieced and stay nicely smooth when quilting.

From now till next year look for my quilts titled - No Buy Quilt. I have one finished and basted and another I'll finish up this week. As soon as I have them quilted I'll post them here. Keep an eye out. If I've posted others I'll list what I bought for them - kinda an accountability factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment